Final Exam ITE Chapter 1 - 10 (Question and Answer)
1. After Windows XP has been installed, which program would a technician use to select the programs that will run at startup?
2. Which power management method offers the most power management features?
3. A Windows XP laptop user finds that the low battery alarm does not give enough warning. Where can the user adjust the alarm setting to issue an earlier warning?
in Power Options Properties
in the BIOS
in the System Tray on the desktop
on the battery
4. A new application fails to install from a CD known to be virus-free and compatible with the operating system. What is a possible solution to this problem?
Use the Last Known Good Configuration.
Update the operating system from the Windows Update website.
Close all other running programs before installing the new application.
Run the installation application under Windows XP compatibility mode.
5. A customer is experiencing repeated paper jams on a laser printer. Which quick solution might correct this problem?
Power cycle the printer.
Download and install a new printer driver.
Replace the paper in the input tray with new paper.
Remove and replace the primary corona wire.
6. When installing a network adapter into a client computer, a technician notices that the contacts on the adapter need to be cleaned. Which solution should the technician use to clean the contacts?
slightly abrasive cleanser
7. Which protocol dynamically assigns IP addresses to network devices?
8. A technician is troubleshooting a computer that is experiencing hardware failure detected by the BIOS. What is one way this failure is indicated?
The computer automatically boots into Safe Mode and displays a warning on the screen.
The screen flashes with a red background and displays a warning message.
The computer emits a pattern of beeps indicating the failing device.
The computer returns an error message indicating the I/O address of the failing device.
9. Which two items are considered proper cleaning tools? (Choose two.)
antistatic wrist strap
10. What characterizes spoofing?
Making data appear to come from a source other than the actual source.
Sending abnormally large amounts of data to a remote server to prevent user access to the server services.
Intercepting or inserting false information in traffic between two hosts.
Sending bulk e-mail to individuals, lists, or domains intending to prevent users from accessing e-mail.
11. Refer to the exhibit. What type of device is highlighted in white?
12. What are two network requirements necessary to establish a VPN connection between a remote computer and a private company LAN? (Choose two.)
low latency network connection
secure Web server
13. Which environmental factor helps ensure optimal performance for laptops?
The humidity level should always be below 20 percent.
Temperature should be preferentially between 45 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (7 to 32 degrees Celsius) to avoid overheating.
In dusty conditions, laptop vents should be partially covered to prevent the internal components from getting dirty.
Laptops should be cleaned every month or the internal components will be damaged.
14. What must be done before a technician cleans a very dirty LCD screen on a laptop?
Place the laptop in standby mode.
Remove the screen from the laptop.
Remove the battery.
Enable the autoclean setting in the BIOS.
15. A technician has been asked to find how a hacker keeps breaking in to a computer. Which security precaution was most likely missed when the operating system was first installed?
A user account was not created.
The hard drive was not formatted with NTFS.
The OS product key was not entered.
A password was not assigned to the default administrator account.
16. Which type of power connector is used to connect devices such as optical drives and hard drives?
17. A network administrator has finished migrating from a peer-to-peer network to a new client-server network configuration. What are two advantages of the new configuration? (Choose two.)
The total cost of the new solution is considerably lower.
Data is more secure in the event of hardware failures.
Individual users are in control of their own computers and network resources.
Data resources and access are centrally controlled.
Personnel costs are lower because a dedicated network administrator is no longer necessary.
18. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of removable media is depicted?
USB optical drive
19. Which three rules increase the level of password strength? (Choose three.)
Passwords should never expire.
Passwords should be a combination of letters and numbers.
Passwords should combine a user's special dates and initials so they can be alphanumeric.
Passwords should be changed by the user after specific periods of time.
Password expiration and lockout policies should be clearly defined.
Passwords should be short to reduce the chances of users forgetting them.
20. A customer reports poor telephone communications when using a copper telephone line that also has a DSL service. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
The DSL modem is incorrectly configured.
The DSL filter is faulty or not connected.
The HSDPA (High Speed Data Packet Access) is interfering with the telephone operation.
The telephone does not comply with the IEEE 802.15.1 standard.
21. A network specialist has been hired to install a network in a company that assembles airplane engines. Because of the nature of the business, the area is highly affected by electromagnetic noise. Which type of network media should be recommended?
22. Which option is the most secure type of user authentication?
username and encrypted password
23. Which type of scanner generally has high costs but produces top-quality images?
24. When analyzing a protocol used on the network, it is discovered that multicast messages are being sent to network devices. Which class of IP addressing is being used to send these messages?
25. Fans that are used to help cool a system are commonly placed on which two components? (Choose two.)
26. Which three customizable properties are available when right-clicking the Windows XP My Computer desktop icon and selecting Properties? (Choose three.)
virtual memory settings
automatic updates settings
hard drive properties
27. A student wishes to buy a computer suitable for game playing. What CPU speed would be appropriate for game playing?
28. What are two functions of a VPN gateway? (Choose two.)
establish secure VPN connections
provide remote user access to the VPN client software
manage VPN tunnels
ensure low latency connections to VPN clients
establish high bandwidth WAN connections to the Internet
29. A laptop user has noticed that connecting an external monitor, keyboard, and speaker each day is causing damage to the laptop connectors. What can the user do to prolong the life of the connectors?
Obtain devices which are specially designed for heavily used laptops.
Use only PCI devices.
Attach all of the devices to a USB hub.
Use a docking station.
30. Which two interface types make it possible to attach different external components to laptops and desktops without powering the computer off? (Choose two.)
31. A customer is considering an inkjet printer to print batches of colored documents that will be immediately stacked and packaged for shipping. What advice should a technician give the customer?
The resolution of an inkjet printer is too low for this work.
An inkjet printer has limited color capability.
Immediately after printing, the ink is wet.
An inkjet printer is a high cost option.
32. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of device uses the connector shown in the graphic?
33. A customer who owns a business that creates high-quality color graphic images wants a new printer. The customer already has an ink-jet printer. Which type of printer would be a good recommendation?
34. Which three things should be investigated first when troubleshooting a printer? (Choose three.)
corrupt print driver
out of paper
operating system compatibility
35. A technician is planning to convert a file system from FAT32 to NTFS. What step should be taken before doing the conversion?
Create a complete system backup.
Backup the registry.
Set a System Restore Point.
Create an Emergency Repair Disk.
36. A technician notices that an application is not responding to commands and that the computer seems to respond slowly when applications are opened. What is the best administrative tool to use correct this problem?
Add or Remove Programs
37. A technician needs to purchase a new video adapter for a computer. Which factors should be considered when selecting the adapter?
type of hard drive installed
amount of memory installed
expansion slot type
case form factor
38. The driver for a network interface card has been updated on a Windows XP computer. All network access has been lost. Which steps in the Windows XP Classic View should be followed to roll back the network interface card driver?
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click System. Click the Hardware tab. Choose Device Manager. Double-click the NIC adapter. Click the Driver tab. Click the Roll Back Driver button.
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click Network Connections. Right-click the NIC. Choose Properties > Uninstall.
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click System. Click the Hardware tab. Choose Device Manager. Choose Action > Uninstall.
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click Add or Remove Programs. Click Change.
39. A user reports that a printer is printing unknown characters on documents. What is a possible solution to this issue?
Replace the toner or ink cartridge.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
Replace the paper with some from a new ream.
Delete the print job from the queue and print again.
40. Why does the cable from the power supply to the motherboard have different colored wires?
A single wire could not carry enough current.
There is one wire for each motherboard component.
Each wire carries a different voltage.
The motherboard slot requires the number of wires that are represented by the different colors.
41. What is the best way to fully ensure that data is unable to be recovered from a hard drive?
formatting the drive
deleting the partitions on the hard drive
overwriting data multiple times, rendering the data unusable
shattering the hard drive platters with a hammer
42. Which key or key sequence pressed during the boot process will allow a user to restart a Windows PC using the last known good configuration?
43. What is the purpose of using thermal compound when installing a CPU, a heat sink, and a fan assembly on a motherboard?
to insulate the CPU from the heat sink
to attach the heat sink firmly to the CPU
to conduct heat that is generated by the CPU to the heat sink
to ensure an electrical connection between the CPU and heat sink
44. The IT department reported that the web server is receiving an abnormally high number of web page requests from different locations simultaneously. Which attack characterizes this type of situation?
45. A supervisor received a complaint that one of the technicians was rude and disrespectful. Which action by the technician most likely caused the customer to complain?
The technician interrupted a number of times to ask questions.
The technician occasionally confirmed an understanding of the problem.
The customer was escalated to a level-two technician.
The technician ended the call without saying "Have a nice day".
46. Which type of cable standard uses a 9-pin connector and supports data rates in excess of 800 Mbps?
47. Which program checks for installed hardware during the Windows XP boot process?
48. At which TCP/IP model layer would a MAC address be found?
49. A technician installed Windows XP on a 20 GB SCSI drive but when the computer is started a NTLDR error message is displayed. Based on this information which file was most likely corrupted during installation?
50. In the event of a catastrophic system or hardware failure, which Windows XP utility provides a framework for saving and recovering the operating system?
Emergency Repair Disk (ERD)
Automated System Recovery (ASR)
Windows Recovery Manager (WRM)
Automated Windows Recovery (AWR)
System Restore (SR)
Thanks for your visit ..!